The webinar will cover an extensive array of current enforcement issues: from enforcement of SEPs in the context of SEP licensing negotiations, to the recent issues of anti-suit injunctions, to the question of international arbitration and mediation.
We invite anyone who is interested to join the webinar and participate actively via questions or comments.
This is the last webinar in the series of SEP webinars.
You can join the webinar from 14.20 CET.
Register for the webinar, 'Enforcement of Standard Essential Patents - current bottlenecks and possible solutions' Registration closes on 17 May 2021 at 9.00 CET.
Please note that we will not be able to register you manually after the registration has closed.
- 14.30: Welcome speech by Edgar Brinkman, Senior Judge, Court of The Hague
- 14.50: The US Perspective: Mary Critharis, Chief Policy Officer and Director for International Affairs, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- 15.00: Round table 1: Enforcement of SEPs and SEP licensing negotiations
- 16.15: Round table 2: Anti-suit injunctions: what is the problem and what could be the possible solutions?
- 17.00: Round table 3: Would international arbitration and/or mediation be a solution and under what conditions?
- 17.50: Closing remarks – Kamil Kiljanski, Acting Director, Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, European Commission
To prepare for the event, you may find the following documents useful
- The IP Action Plan
- Full contribution of the Group of Experts on Licensing and Valuation of Standard Essential Patents
As indicated in the 2020 IP Action Plan, the Commission announced that it will explore ways to improve transparency and predictability in the licensing of SEPs as these are key elements for the digital transformation of Europe's industry, such as the roll-out of connected cars and other IoT products.