- postal service
- Brussels, Belgium
- Breydel AuditoriumAv. d'Auderghem 45, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
The European Commission organises a stakeholder workshop to present the results of the 'Main Developments in the Postal Sector 2017-2021', conducted by Copenhagen Economics during 2022. The study looks into the evolution of the postal markets, regulatory changes, competitive dynamics, employment conditions, environmental sustainability practices and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions or make comments after the presentation of the study.
For your information, the Stakeholder Forum organised by the European Regulators Group for Postal Services will take place in Brussels the following day, 30 September.
- 14:30 Introductory statement by Merete Clausen, Director, Directorate for Investment, Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW), European Commission
- 14:40 Presentation of the Main Developments in the Postal Sector 2017-2021: market indicators, environmental impacts, employment, impact of the pandemic, and universal service, by Mindaugas Cerpickis, Managing Economist, Copenhagen Economics and Bruno Basalisco, Director, Copenhagen Economics
- 15:00 Q&A
- 15:30 Coffee break
- 15:45 Presentation of the Main Developments in the Postal Sector 2017-2021: competition and the cost structure, retail prices and rebates of cross-border parcel delivery by Mindaugas Cerpickis, Managing Economist, Copenhagen Economics and Bruno Basalisco, Director, Copenhagen Economics
- 16:15 Q&A
- 16:45 Concluding remarks (European Commission)
- 17:00 End of workshop
For questions or more information, please send an email to GROW-C3@ec.europa.eu