- single market | European standard | public procurement | trade restriction | CE marking
Based in Tallinn or happy to go there?Register to the Tallinn edition and compete to win the €5,000 reward with your team!
The Tallinn teams’ challenge is…
To develop an interface to access and understand information on taxation anywhere in the EU. The European Commission's aim is to reduce the burden on national administrations by streamlining the data already available at EU level. This is where you come in! The best place to start is Your Europe and the online services and databases for taxation.
Teams will explore ways of unlocking the single market in Europe by providing a single source of relevant EU country tax information and obligations to facilitate cross-border business. It must cover direct taxation of business income and include collection of sales taxes levied on each transaction (value-added tax).
Participants can choose between 2 challenges:
- Designing a user interface for accessing VAT information for business
- Designing a user interface for accessing company tax information
When? 26 - 27 April 2019
Where? Garage48/Palo Alto Club, Telliskivi 60a, 10412 Tallinn
Programme? 24-hour hackathon + keynote presentations + opportunities to network and have fun + workshops + coffee, lunch breaks and mini-challenges + exhibits (see full programme below)
We provide … power, internet, refreshments/meals.
You provide … a laptop and other necessary hardware/peripherals, personal items for comfort/hygiene, enthusiasm and energy!
Who to contact? Send questions to the hackathon team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other dates in the hackathon series
- Brussels – Challenge: feedback tools (30-31 March 2019)
- Bucharest - Challenge: online assistance (18-19 May 2019)
- Barcelona - Challenge: database (31 May-1 June 2019)