Public procurement authorities in the EU can use the Internal Market Information System (IMI) to verify the information and documentation they receive from companies in other EU countries.
Once registered in the system and depending on the national organisation of the use of IMI, national public authorities can:
- remove doubts surrounding the authenticity of a document or certificate provided by a tenderer
- check that a company has the required technical specifications (fulfills national standards, labels, conformity assessments, etc.) or is suitable for carrying out the contract in question
- verify that a company does not fall under any grounds for exclusion such as having been convicted for fraud
- confirm the information from a previously submitted European standardised self-declaration of a tender
For more information, please visit the IMI website and/or contact your national IMI coordinator
The use of IMI for public procurement was launched on 20 April 2015 as a pilot project.
- Data di pubblicazione
- 9 febbraio 2016
- Direzione generale del Mercato interno, dell’industria, dell’imprenditoria e delle PMI