- ET-04-18-608-EN-N, 978-92-79-89484-8, 10.2873/234993
- 29 August 2017
- Forvaltningsorganet for Det Europæiske Innovationsråd og SMV’er
The guidance is developed for anyone implementing bio-based products in organisations or procurement - why they should be used, how to implement them in organisations and what product groups to focus on. The guidance aims to be practical and contains case studies providing examples of, and ideas on the uptake of innovative bio-based products in procurement.
Guidance on bio-based products in procurement (available in 12 EU languages)
A ‘handbook for trainers’ was also developed to enable trainers to transfer the knowledge contained in the guidance to interested parties. The handbook addresses the content of the guidance and also provides practical advice such as the target group for the training and how to set it up appropriately (e.g. the number of trainees).
Factsheets on the innovation potential of bio-based product groups
Gardening and landscaping:
- Factsheet pots and seedling beds
- Factsheet clips and binders
- Factsheet geotextiles
- Factsheet soil improvers
- Factsheet plant foil
Infrastructure construction materials:
- Factsheet asphalt additives (available in 12 EU languages)
- Factsheet coatings (available in 12 EU languages)
- Factsheet shuttering (available in 12 EU languages)
- Factsheet street furniture
More comprehensive guidance is available on the dedicated bio-based products webpage.
You can also find information on our chemicals website.