- Sectors covered
- Technology innovation in footwear & leather
- Innovation priority
- Circular economy and resource efficiency
The project promotes the transfer of an innovative technological solution and its integration into the processes of BSC Srl (Alaska tannery), a company in the textile, clothing, leather and footwear (TCLF) sector, with the goal of improving resource efficiency and enhancing the company’s products and processes.
The technology provider, We Are Srl, will provide a technological platform for the traceability of leather and the transparency of information, as well as an environmental impact neutralisation service in the form of reforestation programmes.
BSC Srl (Alaska tannery) is a leading leather production company, the first company of its kind to work with Indian buffalo hides. It is characterised by complex and high-quality processing of full and half calf hides. Its products are mostly used by the fashion industry.
We Are Srl is an Italian company established in 2008 with a focus on the research and development of leather materials for footwear and leather goods.
- Technology transfer;
- Development of a digital platform for leather order management (L3R);
- An increase in leather traceability from the slaughterhouse to the shoe and handbag factory;
- Assessment of the environmental impact, in terms of CO2 emissions, of the transport of the leather to the customer;
- Reduction of the environmental impact of the transport of leather from the tannery to the shoe and handbag factory.
Outcome of ELIIT project support
Impact (to date)
With the support actions, we expect to improve our market position and formulate value propositions not only for the project itself but also for our businesses more widely.
We aim to create value for those footwear and handbag brands that want to adopt sustainability not only as a marketing theme but also on an operational level.
SME: BSC SRL
Year of creation: 1990
More information: company website
Technical provider: WE ARE SRL