The industrial sector of pressure equipment covers 3 directives under the responsibility of Directorate General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs
- Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU (PED)
- Simple Pressure Vessels Directive 2014/29/EU (SPVD)
- Aerosol Dispensers Directive 75/324/EC (ADD)
These directives, together with the Transportable Pressure Equipment Directive 2010/35/EC (TPED), provide for an adequate legislative framework at European level for equipment presenting a pressure hazard.
These directives have contributed considerably to the smooth functioning of the single market by ensuring the 'free movement' of these products within the EU through the harmonisation of conditions for placing such products on the market and/or putting them into service while ensuring a high level of safety.
Read more on PED.
- Contact information for European authorities, conformity assessment bodies, and CEN
- Contact information for European manufacturer’s and user’s associations