The Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs supports the Tourism and Cultural Heritage Group of the Enterprise Europe Network.
The Enterprise Europe Network is a key initiative of the European Commission that helps small companies make the most of business opportunities in the EU.
The Tourism and Cultural Heritage Sector Group is one of 17 expert sector groups at the Enterprise Europe Network that organise brokerage events to help businesses reach technology transfer or cooperation agreements with other companies in their sector.
The Tourism and Cultural Heritage Sector Group also provides other services such as
- finding business partners for tourism products and services throughout Europe
- promoting new technologies for tourism and cultural heritage at national and European level
- arranging bilateral meetings with potential partners at tourism and cultural heritage fairs and company missions (notably in the context of the Mission for Growth initiative)
- advising companies on funding opportunities and helping them apply for EU grants
- promoting and implementing multidisciplinary research projects in tourism and cultural heritage
- providing information about international conferences and workshops
- providing guidelines on starting a business in tourism
- communicating small business interests and concerns to EU policymakers