The Entrepreneurship 2020 Action Plan and the Communication on Rethinking Education presented a coherent framework for entrepreneurship education. EU countries set education policies while the Commission mainly acts as a catalyst and a facilitator, promoting entrepreneurship education. We raise awareness, help EU countries exchange best practices, develop support tools and projects with a high EU level added value.
How the Commission promotes and supports entrepreneurship education
- funding to European projects that will create reference models for further exploitation, through calls for proposals (2012, 2009)
- promoting exchanges of good practice and experiences at the EU level
- organising of workshops for policymakers and practitioners
- helping policymakers and other stakeholders network
- publishing guidelines based on existing good practice in Europe
- releasing studies, indicators, and data collection
Funding opportunities at the European level
- the Erasmus + programme (under the responsibility of the Directorate-General Education and Culture)
- structural and investment funds and COSME programme
- Entrepreneurship 2020 Action Plan (2013);
- Communication 'Rethinking Education: Investing in skills for better socio-economic outcomes' (2012);
- Communication 'Fostering entrepreneurial mind sets through education and learning' (2006).