The European Commission is supporting several projects to help improve, promote, and assess the impact of entrepreneurship education in Europe.
Entrepreneurial training and education for teachers
Teachers play an important role in entrepreneurship education. It is important that they are trained in right teaching methods, that they can improve their knowledge and skills, and that they share best practices with colleagues across all EU countries.
Actions to support education and training for teachers
- Guide for Educators (5 MB) – with a selection of examples of inspiring practices in training and supporting teachers for entrepreneurship education
- The EU funded project TES created a virtual Guide for Teachers
- Other EU funded projects aim at training educators in teaching entrepreneurship
- Two workshops on enabling teachers for entrepreneurship education were held in 2012
- A High-Level Symposium on 'Entrepreneurship Education: Teacher Education as critical success factor' took place in 2011
- The Budapest Agenda (96 kB): Enabling Teachers for Entrepreneurship Education
- Enabling Teachers as a Critical Success Factor (final report) (915 kB)
The actions to assess the entrepreneurial skills acquired by students and the impact of entrepreneurship education
High-Level Reflection Panels on Entrepreneurship Education
The panel aims to promote better cooperation and the exchange of practices between EU countries on how to introduce systematic strategies in this area.
Final report Towards Greater Cooperation and Coherence in Entrepreneurship Education (3 MB) (2010).
Calls for proposals
- 2014 Call for proposal, 'Pan-European Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative'
Entrepreneurship in higher education
- HEInnovate: self-assessment tool for universities that aim to be entrepreneurial (under the responsibility of the Directorate-General Education and Culture)
- Study: Effects and impact of entrepreneurship programmes in higher education (664 kB) (2012)
- Entrepreneurship in higher education, especially within non-business studies (378 kB) (2008)
- European survey on Higher Education Institutions (2008):
Entrepreneurship in vocational education and training
Entrepreneurship in primary and secondary education
- Study: Entrepreneurship Education at School in Europe (2016)
- Student Mini-Companies in Secondary Education (466 kB) (2005)
The Oslo Agenda
- The Oslo Agenda for Entrepreneurship Education in Europe (770 kB) (2006)