The European Enterprise Promotion Awards reward those who promote entrepreneurship and small business at the national, regional and local level. Initiatives from all EU countries, as well as Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, Armenia, Moldova, Ukraine, Iceland and the United Kingdom can take part in the competition. Since 2006, over 4,400 projects have entered the awards and together they have supported the creation of well over 11,000 new companies.
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.
Learn about the European Enterprise Promotion Awards in your own language.
- Take a look at the SME Assembly 2022 - European Enterprise Promotion Awards Highlights - YouTube
- See more information on all of the 2022 winners
The objectives of the awards
- identify and recognise successful activities and initiatives undertaken to promote enterprise and entrepreneurship
- showcase and share examples of best entrepreneurship policies and practices
- create a greater awareness of the role entrepreneurs play in society
- encourage and inspire potential entrepreneurs.
The winners of the European Enterprise Promotion Awards are announced at an awards ceremony at the SME Assembly, which is part of European SME Week.
How to get involved
Learn more about the participation and eligibility criteria of the awards.
The award categories
- Promoting the entrepreneurial spirit - Recognises initiatives that promote an entrepreneurial mindset, especially among young people and women
- Investing in entrepreneurial skills - Recognises initiatives that improve entrepreneurial, managerial and employee skills
- Supporting the digital transition - supporting the digital transition of enterprises enabling them to develop, market and use digital technologies, products and services of any kind.
- Improving the business environment and supporting the internationalisation of business - Recognises innovative policies and initiatives at national, regional or local level, which render Europe the most attractive place to start a business, operate it, make it grow and scale it up in the single market, simplify legislative and administrative procedures for businesses and implement the 'Think Small First' principle in favour of small and medium-sized enterprises
- Supporting the sustainable transition - Recognises initiatives that support the sustainable transition and support environmental aspects such as the circular economy, climate neutrality, clean energy, resource efficiency or biodiversity
- Responsible and inclusive entrepreneurship - Recognises initiatives that promote corporate social responsibility among small and medium-sized enterprises and entrepreneurship among disadvantaged groups such as the unemployed, legal migrants, disabled, or people from ethnic minorities.
The Grand Jury's Prize can be from any category and will go to the entry considered to be the most creative and inspiring entrepreneurship initiative in Europe.
See the EEPA winners from 2021, 2020 (9 MB) 2019 (14 MB), 2018 (4 MB), 2017 (2 MB), 2016 (22 MB), 2015 (8 MB), 2014 (3 MB), 2013 (3 MB), and 2012.
You can follow the awards on
You can also subscribe to our newsletter.