- Brussels, Belgium
- Live streaming available
- Meeting room 5BRue Froissart 36, 1040 Brussels, Belgium
The Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship & SMEs is organising a stakeholder event to support the co-implementation of the Transition pathway for tourism. This will be a hybrid event, taking place in Brussels and online.
In February 2022, the European Commission launched a call for commitments after publishing the Transition Pathway for tourism. We invited tourism stakeholders to share their concrete actions and targets that contribute to the green and digital transition and increase the tourism ecosystem's resilience.
The first set of commitments and pledges was published in June 2022 and the call remains open for a continuous expansion of the active and committed stakeholder community. This event aims to share the recent developments on the key dimensions of the Transition pathway for tourism, showcase good examples of stakeholder pledges, and facilitate exchanges and engagement of the stakeholder community.
- Introduction by Marie-Helene Pradines, Head of Unit Directorate-General for Industry & SMEs Unit G1 Tourism, textiles
- Four lenses to the Transition Pathway for Tourism by Directorate-General for Industry & SMEs Tourism team
- Industrial Forum Task force 2 feedback by Luis Campos, Co-curator Industrial forum TF2 for Tourism
- Overview of T4T pledges and commitments by Kirsti Ala-Mutka, Policy officer Directorate-General for Industry & SMEs
- Example pledges from Ile-de-France region, Françoise Guaspare, Senior policy officer
- Example pledges from Azores DMO by Carolina Mendonça, Coordinator
- Example pledges from European Network for Accessible Tourism (ENAT) by Ivor Ambrose, Managing Director
- Example pledges from Booking.com by Inge Janssen, Director of Public Affairs EMEA,
- Example pledges from EcoMarine Malta by Patrizia Patti, Founder
- Example pledges from NECSTouR by Cristina Nunez, Managing Director
- T4T next steps by Kirsti Ala-Mutka, Policy officer Directorate-General for Industry & SMEs