Financed by the European Union, the Centre provides free of charge, practical information, advice and business tools to better equip SMEs to develop their business and tackle challenges faced in the Chinese market. It also acts as a platform facilitating coordination amongst Member State and European public and private sector service providers to SMEs.
The Centre and its team of experts in the fields of business development, law, standards and conformity and human resources provides support in a variety of ways. SMEs and intermediaries are able to:
- Post enquiries by email or phone and receive an answer within seven days;
- Book one-on-one consultations at the Centre’s offices in Beijing;
- Take part in trainings on specific topics given by the Centre’s experts;
- Attend seminars, workshops and conferences in China and Europe;
- Join webinars via the internet;
- Download sector reports, practical guidelines and case studies;
- Make use of electronic learning modules, interactive infographics and other tools;
- Search databases on service providers and trade shows in China;
- Use temporary office space and meeting rooms within the Centre.
Diagnostic kit ‘Are you ready for China?’
To help European SMEs considering to enter the Chinese market to make informed decisions, the EU SME Centre has recently published Are you ready for China?, a series of diagnostic business tools geared towards beginners in trade between Europe and China. Four reports introducing different aspects of market entry are accompanied by an online quiz tailored to help entrepreneurs check their level of readiness regarding the market and pointing them towards further resources to improve their understanding of less well-known business areas. The series is designed to work as a step-by-step introduction to the Chinese business environment, offering the most relevant information for European SMEs in a concise and easily understandable way.
To learn more about the diagnostic kit Are you ready for China?, please go to
To post your business enquiries to our in-house experts and receive an answer within seven days, send an email to
enquirieseusmecentre [dot] org [dot] cn (enquiries[at]eusmecentre[dot]org[dot]cn)
- Publication date
- 11 February 2013
- Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs