Executive Vice-President Frans Timmermans and Commissioner Thierry Breton opened the forum, highlighting the importance of moving from hydrogen research into large-scale hydrogen deployment.
The Commission presented, and alliance members discussed, a summary of projects collected from alliance members to build an investment pipeline and a hydrogen public funding compass. Alliance members presented selected hydrogen projects and financial institutions, regions and EU countries elaborated on public funding opportunities.
The first day ended with a roundtable discussion on the regulatory enabling framework focusing, among other things, on priority uses of hydrogen, infrastructure needs and the production of renewable hydrogen.
The second day of the Hydrogen Forum saw the launching of the matchmaking process that brings alliance members together to build larger projects integrated along the hydrogen value chain. Alliance members took the opportunity to present themselves in speed presentations. Over 300 members arranged one on one matchmaking meetings and over 80 thematic matchmaking sessions took place.
The European Hydrogen Forum 2021 matchmaking platform 2021, made available by the Commission, remains active throughout 2021.
See a detailed report of the forum.
- Opening remarks by Executive Vice-President Frans Timmermans
- Speech: How the EU clean hydrogen projects can strengthen the European industry by Commissioner Thierry Breton
- Overview of projects collected by the Clean Hydrogen Alliance by Director-General Kerstin Jorna
- Hydrogen public funding compass by Director Joaquim Nunes de Almeida
- Launch of the matchmaking exercise by Deputy Director-General Maive Rute
- EIB Perspective and solutions for the development of hydrogen by Shiva Dustdar, EIB
- The European Green Hydrogen Acceleration Center by Diego Pavia, EIT InnoEnergy
- Facilitating deployment of renewable H2 by Jorgo Chatzimarkakis, Hydrogen Europe
- Scaling-up innovations on renewable hydrogen production and use by Bart Biebuyck, Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking
- Publication date
- 28 June 2021
- Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs