Why was 'due diligence ready!' developed?
'Due diligence ready!' was developed to help companies source minerals and metals responsibly and, if applicable, comply with regulatory requirements, including the new EU ‘conflict minerals’ regulation effective from 1 January 2021.
Who is it for?
'Due diligence ready!' is designed for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) - but can benefit any company with minerals and metals in its supply chain and help them perform due diligence.
What minerals and metals are covered?
'Due diligence ready!' focuses on tin, tantalum, tungsten and gold but also includes all other minerals and metals such as battery raw materials.
The 'due diligence ready!' portal will help you
- learn about the benefits companies can gain from performing due diligence on their supply chains
- understand, assess and mitigate risks and impacts in their supply chains related to responsible sourcing
- understand and implement the OECD due diligence guidance (OECD DDG) for responsible supply chains of minerals from conflict-affected and high-risk areas (CAHRAs) and learn how to do due diligence for responsible mineral sourcing (the OECD DDG applies to all minerals).
Free email advisory
Our free email advisory service, which started on 13 February 2023, offers explanations and guidance about implementing the regulation for SMEs that import 3TGs.
Available on a first-come, first-served basis in English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese and Spanish at infodue-diligence-ready [dot] eu (info[at]due-diligence-ready[dot]eu).
This section provides leaflets that can be used by
- EU country competent authorities to inform stakeholders
- companies to inform their employees and suppliers
- any stakeholder that wants to provide more information on 'due diligence ready!'