The proposal for a revised Construction Products Regulation (CPR) was adopted on 30 March 2022.
- Proposal on the revision of the Construction Product Regulation
- Impact assessment and Executive summary
- Questions and answers on the draft proposal of the new CPR
- The Commission Proposal: Presentation 06/2022
- Fact sheet
- Press release
Following the publication of the July 2016 implementation report, the communication 'clean energy for all Europeans' announced a possible revision of the Construction Products Regulation (CPR) in November 2016.
Subsequently, the Commission decided in 2016 to launch an evaluation and an impact assessment. Due to the complexity of the process, the evaluation and the impact assessment were later decoupled.
After the publication of the evaluation in October 2019, the European green deal confirmed the review process in December 2019 and the circular economy action plan in March 2020.
The evaluation of the CPR
Initial roadmap and consultation strategy
In 2020 the Commission updated the roadmap for the CPR revision and conducted 2 consultations.
See below for summaries of dialogues on various issues between the Commission and the main stakeholders through technical platforms.
- Standardisation, 12 October 2016
- Simplification and SMEs, 18 January 2017
- Information needs, 14 March 2017
- Coexistence of EU and EU countries’ systems, 21 June 2017
- Future of EOTA, 4 October 2017
Reports and studies
Several Commission reports and studies supported the whole process.
See below for the findings of a specific external study carried out to collect evidence for the evaluation of the CPR and the impact assessment of future potential options.
- Support for the evaluation, September 2018: Final report, annexes, executive summary
- Support for the impact assessment, September 2018: Final report, annexes, executive summary
A public consultation took place between January and April 2018 to gather experiences, views and opinions of interested stakeholders and the public on the internal market for construction products. See the summary of results.
- Evaluation: full report and executive summary, 24 October 2019
- Report on EOTA, 24 October 2019 (available in 23 EU languages)
The impact assessment and the preparation of a new proposal
- Revised roadmap
- See the feedback provided by stakeholders (July-August 2020)
Options for the future
- Indicative options for the future
- Video presentation of the review process, April 2020
- Discussion with EU countries: meetings on 4 March 2020 and 22 September 2020
- Survey on the indicative future options (April-August 2020) - see results
- Dedicated question and answer sessions on the CPR review for stakeholders took place on 22 June, 6 July and 20 July 2020
- CPR revision technical stakeholders’ conference, 7 September 2020: agenda, presentations and survey among participants
Assessment of impacts and provisional timeline
September 2019: An external supporting study was launched to collect evidence from stakeholders.
- Preliminary results: Survey on horizontal issues, February 2020
The second public consultation on the impacts of potential options for the future took place between September and December 2020.
- Results will be available soon.